I love lots of beachy/ocean related designs, including anything to do with mermaids, dolphins or manatees. I found this sheet at Goodwill and I figured I would be able to use it in a variety of projects. I’d been planning to make some sort of clothing out of it, and then I found out some of my friends were having a beach/island party and I thought it would be the perfect time to finish it by.
My original plan for this fabric was as a dress, and I even cut out the bodice lining and sewed it together. Unfortunately I must’ve picked the wrong size, because it was HUGE! I realized I wouldn’t be able to finish the dress in time for the party, so I just made it into a skirt…With pockets!
- Pattern: McCall’s M6349 (Size 20), Simplicity 2067 for waistband
- Fabric: Sheet from Goodwill, yoke made out of a Batik quilting cotton fat quarter
- Notions: 3/4″ Elastic
- Time to complete: 5 hours?
- Make again: Yeah, I still want a dress out of it, and I think I have enough fabric to make a whole dress out of it.
- Total cost: The sheet was probably $2, the yoke was $1 and the elastic was $1, so $4 total. Read the rest of this entry